Since its founding in 1991, The Friends School of Atlanta has enjoyed the support of a remarkably generous community. Throughout the years FSA parents, as well as the Board, faculty, staff, alum families, members of Atlanta Friends Meeting and friends of the school, have given their time, talents and financial support to sustain a values-based education offered in a diverse, nurturing learning community.
While there are countless ways to support the school through volunteer support and other gifts in kind, there are five primary vehicles for providing financial support:
- The Annual Appeal provides essential support for the operations of the school.
- The Annual Benefit Auction, organized and run by the family volunteers of FSPATA (Friends School Parent and Teacher Association), each year provides a wonderful evening of fun and fund raising in support of FSA.
- Business Sponsorships offer businesses marketing exposure to the FSA community and attendees of FSA events while at the same time supporting the important work of the school.
- The State Tax Credit Scholarship Fund, administered for FSA by the Apogee Scholarship Fund Organization, allows you or your company to redirect your Georgia state income tax dollars to provide tuition assistance for new FSA students coming from public schools or just entering pre-kindergarten, kindergarten or first grade.
- The Legacy of Light Society includes friends of FSA who have included the school in their estate planning. Unless otherwise designated, planned gifts such as bequests and charitable remainder trusts support FSA’s endowment fund, the Legacy of Light Fund, ensuring the long-term financial health of the school. Such gifts can be structured to benefit the donor and/or the donor’s estate as well as FSA.